Associate Features Editor, SYFY
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This position will write, as well as work with freelance talent to conceive and execute features for SYFY WIRE about movies, TV shows, comic books, pop culture and science/technology, across all streaming platforms, including explainers, interviews, listicles, nostalgic deep dives and opinion pieces.
Solid reporting, copy-editing, and fact-checking skills are crucial to this position. Experience and interest in genre content is highly desired with an ear to the ground on what the next big story will be and how to plan coverage for it. Proficiency in web publishing skills (HMTL, CMS environments, Photoshop) is a must. Candidates must be metrics and performance-focused, organized, and detail-oriented under deadline pressure.
- Coordinate with the news editor and shows producer to determine daily coverage and long-lead content plans.
- Maintain an editorial calendar that works in concert with and plays off of, events in the genre, in larger pop culture and within Syfy’s own ecosystem.
- Build relationships with publicists and talent.
- Work with a roster of contract and freelance writers.
- Use metrics to determine story selection.
- Collaborate with social team to develop strategies for maximizing content performance.
• 5+ years of experience working for a media company or major website that generates original content, preferably covering entertainment.
• Knowledge of HTML and CMS environments.
• Ability to maintain a sense of humor.
• Sharp editorial judgment and skills (writing, copy editing, accuracy).
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.