Director, Retention Strategy, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Director, Retention Strategy, Peacock
The Sr. Manager, Retention Strategy, will be a key role on Growth Marketing’s Engagement & Retention team helping identify opportunities to pull levers that increase our engagement KPI’s and reduce Peacock member churn. You will work both cross-functionally and closely with the CRM/Retention teams to evaluate product and marketing performance data, create test plans, and make recommendations to increase optimization. The ideal candidate loves diving into what the data is telling us, sharing ideas across the organization, and helping us sustain and grow consumer engagement.
Develop and track audience cohort analyses with data and analytics teams to identify opportunities for re-engagement / to prevent churn or increase win-back.
Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Editorial, and Data/Analytics teams to ideate and execute retention-driven initiatives that grow our KPI’s outside of traditional CRM communication channels.
Translate high-value behaviors and motivations into optimizing current programs. Look for opportunities on times to strike for action to increase our engagement with title repertoire expansion (watch more content on Peacock). Apply macro thinking to plans to create the biggest impact on Peacock audience cohorts.
Develop test plans for cross-functional initiatives as well as CRM cross-channel campaigns to drive promotion/segmentation strategies that feed into retention optimization
Report on retention investment and relevant KPI's supporting both short- and long-term customer-conversion and -retention goals and use insights to communicate potential product improvements. Develop retention scoreboard with reporting by channel and tactic that informs go-forward strategy.
Work with Marketing/Revenue teams to identify and implement upsell strategies for product tier upgrades and retention/win-back offers
Represent retention team and goals to introduce fan engagement / loyalty initiatives within the business including interactive experiential programs that drive increased viewership and content affinity
• You have 8+ years experience in DTC marketing, retention marketing or CRM
• You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, experienced project manager and communicator who is focused on building meaningful and impactful long-term relationships with consumers
• You have experience working with data and analytics teams to identify and measure audience cohorts. You love working with data. Your first instinct to solving a problem is to start with data and ask questions.
• You are a testing pro with a good understanding of how to build effective tests and can communicate results to team members across varying levels of experience and technical understanding
• You have extensive project management and organization skills including: conceptualization, brainstorming, driving cross-team alignment, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analyses, managing learnings library and recommendations/next steps
• You’re a team player and very comfortable with collaboration.
• You have the ability to work independently, coordinate multiple priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
• You have a data-driven mentality to identify key areas of growth and are deeply familiar with tools to support CRM analytics and know how to read Tableau dashboard
• You have experience with CRM, lifecycle marketing, digital marketing and multi-channel programs preferably from a B2C subscription-oriented business
• Previous experience managing a team
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.