E-Commerce Manager, Product Design & Development
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• Maintain strong knowledge of the e-commerce landscape; Monitor e-commerce sales performance of key categories and programs
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations and product review meeting preparations
• Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively align franchise strategies and executions
• Partner with the Creative team to develop assortment that is executable e-commerce
• Work closely with the eCommerce Retail and eCommerce Category to help facilitate the launch of new styles and programs
• Build and maintain strong, highly collaborative relationships with licensees to build effective partnerships; Lead kick off meetings/calls with licensees
• Monitor licensee development and production status of all programs on the e-commerce platform from sample development to necessary production lead times
• Manage product approval meeting to ensure submissions are reviewed by all necessary parties, appropriate feedback / approvals are gathered, and turnaround times are met within the appropriate time frame
• Be the expert on product approval functionalities on MediaBox. Directly communicate with IT on challenges/issues and partner with them to come up with solutions
• Elevate and communicate high risk potential order problems and issues as appropriate
• Be vocal at creative meetings when it’s crucial to give PD’s point of views especially on asset developments
• Mentor and train coordinators and interns to develop their knowledge within product development and licensing
5-7 years of experience in apparel production or product development
• Strong understanding of e-commerce speed to market
• Understands execution, fabrications/materials, color pallets and technical designs to fit various price points
• Ability to design from concept through final samples/production
• Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques
• Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Fully proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Ability to use keynote, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Strong long-term strategic planning capability
• Strong Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
• Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong relationship-building capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree required
Understand licensee’s manufacturing capabilities in order to guide efficient product development and develop appropriate solutions to execution challenges of our franchises
• Experienced in asset development for multiple levels of distributions
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.