Field Reporter - WNBC
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duties include generating story ideas, researching, setting up, interviewing and producing the content in the field. They will write and voice the story. They must be able to report live as scheduled on multiple newscasts and all digital platforms.
We're looking for applicants who bring ideas every day and work effectively across all platforms.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a television reporter, large market preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communications or related major
- Flexible scheduling required.
- Tri-state area knowledge preferred.
- Must be a team player and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
- Willing to work in NYC.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Extensive familiarity with the NYC area
- Ability to investigate information to establish facts and determine truth
- Excellent news judgment
- Experience working with desktop computers and exposure to laptop editing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and sources.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and act as a team player.
- Experience utilizing social media as a newsgathering/reporting tools.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.