Software Engineer, Front End, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, Beverly Hills, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Build and release features for high-profile eCommerce sites
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
Perform code reviews and collaborate with peers on software solutions
Interact with Product Managers and Quality Engineers to deliver high quality, high profile software and user experiences
Participate in Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, sprint planning, etc.)
Troubleshoot and fix production issues as they occur
Mentor team members with complex technical and design issues
● BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
● A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a front end or full-stack capacity
● A deep understanding of current web software design patterns and principles
● Experience with one or more modern front-end frameworks/libraries such as React/Redux, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, etc.
● Experience with Git and source code control management and branching strategies
● A solid understanding of key web development principles such as DOM hierarchy and manipulation, semantic markup, performance optimization strategies, responsive vs. adaptive layouts , etc.
● Familiar with Git or other source code control systems
● Working knowledge of common networking, infrastructure, and technical security fundamentals
● Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
● Experience developing user-facing software, preferably at scale
● Familiarity with test driven and behavioral driven development practices
● Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment
● Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3
● Strong sense of web design and attention to the fundamentals of user experience
● Familiarity with the breadth of web development including protocols and web server optimization techniques
● Familiarity with front end workflow/build system and productivity tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Next.js, etc.
● Experience with analytics platforms, A/B testing frameworks and ad serving technology
● Experience with video content and video playback experience customization
● Passionate about software development throughout the entire software life cycle from design and architecture through development, testing and delivery
● Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to independently solve issues
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.