Vice President of Product Management, Peacock Commerce
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Vice President of Product is a leadership role within the Peacock Commerce team and should excel at communication at/across all levels of the organization, be successful at driving delivery, process and structure, and be comfortable in a start-up, evolutionary culture that exists within a larger media organization.
This individual will:
- Work closely with the SVP, Product to develop a compelling product strategy and roadmap grounded in an understanding of Peacock customers and what’s needed to differentiate and win in a highly competitive market.
- Develop measurable goals and standards for product planning and delivery. Partner closely with Design, Program and Technology partners to align those goals and build shared incentives across the organization.
- Ideate, design and develop product capabilities and user journeys that help Peacock acquire, monetize, and enable self-service for its consumers.
- Create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and leads to impactful improvements with brand-positive business impact.
- Grow and nurture an empowered and autonomous team of product leaders
- Collaborate with Marketing, Strategy, Business Development, Customer Service and Data teams to identify opportunities, refine ideas and enable commercial and consumer outcomes.
- Establish and advocate for repeatable consistent product management processes and prioritizations within and across organizations
- Conceptualize new products and advocate for transformative product experiences
- Own key strategic projects as needed, driving them to successful completion
• Minimum 15 years of experience in product management with a progress in product roles.
• Minimum 10 years of experience successfully leading and managing product teams
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Proven track record owning or playing a majority role in product strategy and development of a large-scale consumer product
• Demonstrated experience developing transactional products, complex systems and working on customer acquisition and merchandising
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
• Proven experience with rapid, iterative research, design, and development
• Exemplary technology understanding, able to gain the buy-in and partnership of local and distributed technology teams.
• A strategic thinker expert at balancing commercial goals with consumer needs and intentions; skilled at building and translating business models and objectives into thoughtful product plans.
• A seasoned team leader with a track record of hiring, mentoring, and empowering a team of product managers
• A compelling combination of data-led and inspirational thinking, with a high-bar for product execution and polish
• An ability to flex from capabilities to growth-minded product development including experience with merchandising, subscriber journeys and transactional and payment products.
• A relentless determination to do what is right for all Peacock customers
• An evangelist with an inventive spirit, capable of advocating for and gaining buy-in for Commerce Product ideas
• A consummate collaborator, who works seamlessly with stakeholders and peers to advance and expand ideas
• An endlessly curious thinker who keeps a close eye on competitor trends, technology developments and emerging best in class products
• A structured and principled thinker who can cut through complexity by creating clear frameworks and scalable solutions
• A willingness to question the status quo and entrenched assumptions to drive forward change
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands