Director, Ad Sales Strategy
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Business Operations & Strategy group is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Director, Global Ad Sales Strategy. This role will be focused on scaling our global media business by working with sales, operations, research, technology and other stakeholder groups across both NBCU and Sky to drive advertiser success around the world. A passionate, well-organized and highly-effective individual is sought to join our newest effort.
You will be joining a blue chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. Acting as strategic consultants, this dynamic team supports Ad Sales and corporate stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives including sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, budgeting and planning analyses, and market insights.
The Role: The Director, Global Ad Sales Strategy will be responsible for charting out coordinated sales efforts across Ad Sales for all teams under Comcast NBCUniversal with a global remit (NBCU Int’l, Sky, CNBC Int’l). This individual will be creating high-level strategies to drive international growth via cross-portfolio, cross-platform sales as well as designing and stewarding the execution of these strategies across the company. This role will be expected to work with colleagues across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales as well as across our NBCU and Sky businesses in multiple locations. We’re looking for a dynamic person to bring innovative thinking, future vision and strong execution skills to help grow our business.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage development and execution of day-to-day global sales strategy from end-to-end:
- Work cross-functionally to develop NCBU+Sky’s unique global positioning and opportunities leveraging internal capabilities, client feedback and competitive and market insights
- Design optimal strategy for driving revenue across NBCU and Sky’s key agency partners and clients leveraging combined portfolio of assets and IP
- Partner with sales leaders to develop and execute actionable plans to create and capture demand in International marketplace; lean into digital space
- Liaise with International counterparts across NBCU brands and Sky to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Lead competitive intelligence and marketplace efforts to inform overall GTM and sales positioning; feed into long-term growth strategy
- Support sales efforts by leading prospecting and sales performance analyses across all International teams
- Steward the implementation of cross-market sales tools and systems to improve efficiencies across teams and territories
- Contribute to product and packaging strategy of international inventory to drive volume and yield
- Manage various stakeholders across teams and initiatives and provide regular updates to management teams ensuring accountability is enforced
- Develop executive level presentations and summarize complex ideas into actionable solutions
• Must possess a passion for media and strong intellectual curiosity
• 8+ years previous relevant work experience; this could include professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking) or media experience at a large network/publisher/agency
• Experience in global media landscape
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly; strong executive presence
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• BA/BS pr relevant experience required (MBA preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States or London, UK
• Must be 18 years or older
• Previous experience in advertising sales or at a media company; Global media experience desired
• Ideal candidate is a proactive, entrepreneurial individual who possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision, including the ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales
• Comfortable working in the ‘undefined’ and shaping definition of opportunity
• Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.