Sr Software Engineer, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
- Using in-house & third-party tools, build and support the live and linear pipeline for streaming video, optimizing video encoding, packaging, and delivery
- Providing support for live events and other linear channels
- Use requirements and modeling to work with Product Owners to implement smart technology solutions ad tools delivery premium quality audio and video experiences
- Continuously learn, improve, and optimize processes and ways of working
- Manage and maintain cloud-based content delivery and services
- Working for a well-known, globally leading Media Streaming organization
- Exposure to high-level business professionals in a variety of departments and geographic locations
- Opportunity to work and grow your career in fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with web technologies, digital video workflow and operations, and digital video technology development
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python and Java
• Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge with single-server ad insertion (SSAI), specifically transcoding and packing with ad projects
• Technical experience with multi-cloud technologies, specifically within architecture/infrastructure (AWS)
• Understanding of containerization as it relates it Cloud (Kubernetes, Docker)
• Understanding of playback protocols such as, DASH, CMAF/HLS
• Knowledge of OTT video delivery pipelines including basic networking concepts, source origination, video ingest & encoding, and packing including encryption and DRM
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands