Director, Program Management, Technology Delivery
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Director, Program Management, Technology Delivery, Peacock
The Director, Program Management will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of Data and Security portfolios in support of the Peacock product roadmap and business needs. They will manage a portfolio of programs and projects focused on the data platform, analytics, measurement, cyber security, and compliance. Success will require building and maintaining strong relationships with key business functions and Technology teams, to ensure the delivery of change to a committed cost, time & quality.
This position will report to the Vice President of Technology Delivery, and will work in a highly matrixed structure, managing technology teams across NBC, Sky and the wider Comcast group, as well as with multiple areas of the business. This position will line manage a team of project and program managers and analysts. It will also be responsible for directing consultants for current and future initiatives.
· Build and maintain relationships with the business sponsors, understanding their goals and motivations, and shaping the technology roadmap to meet these business objectives.
· Coach and mentor the team to ensure a consistently high performance across the portfolio.
Establish appropriate governance, ensuring key stakeholders are identified and appropriately engaged, and clear decision-making process in place.
· Work with engineering teams across the organization, and the Technology PMO, to ensure that the committed roadmap and pipeline are well articulated, understood and managed against available capacity.
· Strive for continuous improvement in our processes and procedures, propose and implement changes to ensure a productive and efficient organization, in partnership with the wider team.
· Lead the initiation and shaping phase of the program working closely with architects and analysts, coordinate input from business areas and drive the solution definition.
· Ensure regular reporting of status across all programs and projects, establishing the right controls within the team to ensure accurate status, pro-active risk management and robust plans.
· Partner with product teams and customer experience delivery partners to manage the successful delivery of analytics and measurement technology across Peacocks larger delivery portfolio
· Ensure establishment of program plans throughout the life-cycle of the delivery. Ensure change is controlled, dependencies identified and risks & issues managed.
· Ensure quality is considered throughout delivery, working with QA and trials teams to ensure outputs are thoroughly tested and proven before deployment to customers and handed over to support.
· Ensure effective communication both within and external to the delivery team, and that the team are clear on goals and objectives.
· Act as first point of escalation, providing assistance and guidance throughout delivery.
· Regular liaison with resource managers to ensure both resources and roadmap slots are secured and maintained; manage contention with other program and projects.
· Timely escalation of issues.
· Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, background in technology or engineering a significant plus; relevant project or program management qualification.
· At least 7 years’ experience in a program or project role, including 3+ years delivering complex, multi-work stream programs
· Track record of delivery utilizing internal software development teams in an agile environment.
· Broad knowledge of program and project management methodologies and techniques
· Specific experience in a previous program/project management role for a Big Data program
· Solid understanding of data migration, management of unstructured data, dimensional and relational data modelling, data governance, ETL, and report creation and delivery
· Experience managing the software delivery process for measurement and analytics solutions such as Adobe, mParticle, Nielsen, comScore
· Demonstrable experience delivering technology change within digital/OTT sector. Good understanding of the global media landscape, and technology’s influence in this.
· Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization.
· Ability to take complex technology discussions and break them down for non-technical groups
· Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
· Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
· Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
· Strong self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
· Strong political acumen, able to tailor style and approach to influence teams and individuals to gain the commitment and performance required to deliver on our promises.
· Pro-active approach to delivery, identifying and neutralizing threats to success; positive approach to addressing conflict.
· Good working understanding of media technology systems; able to have meaningful discussions with technology experts.
· Experience in the product development & delivery process.
· Previous experience working with remote delivery teams, international experience a considerable plus.
· Specialist experience in OTT application delivery, targeted advertising or data & analytics a considerable plus.
· Highly articulate and confident communicator; passionate about delivering successful outcomes and willing to go the extra mile.
· Calm under pressure, able to make quick and rational decisions and maintain the focus of the team.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.