Director Entertainment Publicity
NBCUniversal, LLC, Miami, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Reporting to the Miami-based Vice President, the Director will be a key member of the Entertainment Publicity communications team and strategically build and execute media strategies to generate high-quality earned media for Telemundo’s original and acquired content. The candidate must have experience leading media relations campaigns and a portfolio of successful earned media coverage and analysis with a particular focus on top US Hispanic national media markets. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach. This position is based in Miami, FL.
- Strategic development and execution of comprehensive plans for external publicity (consumer media and social influencers) generating maximum amount of positive coverage for key programming premieres, priorities and other entertainment-related projects.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills, in English and Spanish, to create all consumer press materials including press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, talent bios, as well as coordinate and manage pr activities such as press junkets, media interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots, EPK’s and press kits
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key journalists and media outlets with a focus on top tier consumer outlets to reach core and new Telemundo viewers and other relevant audiences.
- Create targeted strategies for social media influencers to expand promotional campaigns in the social media space and other non-traditional media outlets and identify appropriate influencers per campaign.
- Work closely with network and studios talent and their teams to promote key programming premieres
- Collaborate closely with marketing, digital marketing, cross-promotions and programming teams to create cohesive and consistent promotional plans across functions and platforms.
- Prepare talent and company executives for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities.
- Partner with corporate and internal comms reps to support, position and convert campaigns into full 360 plans across all communications areas.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with agencies to drive story creation and favorable coverage.
- Brainstorm and Execute strategies that support the network brand, help create awareness and drive traffic to Telemundo on-air and official social media platforms, supporting these efforts through detailed metrics showing effectiveness of the strategy
- Build and maintain solid relationships with influencers/bloggers, reporters, talent managers, talent publicists & show producers
- Service daily media requests and act as network source of information for programming publicity properties
- Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news, and interface with other departments and NBCUniversal TV channels on an as needed basics
- Works under direct supervision of VP, Entertainment Publicity and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• College degree required in Public Relations or related field
• Minimum 8 years of experience in public relations/communications
• Demonstrated ability for writing press materials in both English and Spanish.
• Interest in media and entertainment.
• Deep understanding of U.S. Hispanic market, as well as best practices for Social Media campaigns
• Experience working for or with PR agencies.
• Knowledge and hands-on use of Digital and Social Media platforms.
• Fluent in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to produce thorough reports and executive summaries detailing the results of strategic efforts
• Highly organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple projects
• Must be fully bilingual in Spanish and English
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must have a valid driver’s license (if applicable)
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Previous journalism background desired but not required
• Experience working with entertainment/consumer media, with emphasis on US Hispanic media
• Experience working in the entertainment industry
• Energetic, creative driver of new and interesting ideas
• Excellent written, verbal, communications and presentation skills
• Exhibit strong interpersonal, writing, pitching and presentation skills
• Strategic, analytical and creative skill set
• Attention to detail
• Enthusiasm for trends
• Highly organized self-starter able to work both independently and with a team
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet numerous deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Proven skills in launching shows, crisis management and interfacing with all levels of executives, talent and media
• Flexible work schedule with some early mornings, late nights and weekend work required to cover tapings, shoots and events and some travel
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Sr. Manager, Product Development (CA or NYC) - Content Distrib...
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Sr. Manager, Technology Operations, Playback Services, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York