Writer, E! Shows
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The E! Shows Writer for E! Online and E! News will cover all series that currently air on the E! network, including but not limited to Daily Pop, Nightly Pop, Botched, The Bradshaw Bunch, Celebrity Game Face, True Hollywood Story, We Got Love Teyana & Iman and all future programming. The Shows write will also support digital coverage of NBCU sister networks, including Bravo, Oxygen, USA and Peacock for E! News.
• Generate and write daily articles/features/photo galleries focusing on E!, Bravo, Oxygen, USA and Peacock series, including show clip write-ups, episode recaps, show promos, exclusive announcements and more (sometimes under tight deadlines)
• Ability to track and pitch ongoing news stories related to E!, Bravo, Oxygen, USA and Peacock talent and TV series
• Help our E! News team cover awards shows during awards season, including writing up celebrity interviews, newsworthy award show moments, celebrity acceptance speeches and red carpet photo galleries (this may include several weekend days throughout the year)
• Help maintain and update the various E! Shows web pages on E! Online
• Potentially conduct interviews with E!, Bravo, Oxygen, USA and Peacock talent
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 1+ years of prior writing and editing experience, preferably at an online entertainment news organization
• Strong knowledge of the entertainment industry, TV news and pop culture a must
• Strong portfolio includes examples of work including but not limited to: articles, features, blogs, social posts, meme's, GIFs, etc.
• Working knowledge of MS Office and social media platforms, and familiarity with AP Style
• A fan of the E! network and be somewhat familiar with our programming as well series on Bravo, USA, Oxygen and Peacock.
• Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented.
• Passionate about TV and celebrity culture a plus
• Editorially-minded creative thinker who is web savvy, works well with a team, and is able to interpret analytics and spot content trends
• Ability to write smart, SEO-compliant headlines that still have voice
• A degree in journalism a plus
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.