Sports News Desk Editor - NBC Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
NBC Sports Digital is looking for a newsdesk producer to join our growing team. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and production of the site, as well as working with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, broadcast) and external stakeholders to ensure proper execution of NBC Sports content.
- Produce and edit content on NBCSports.com as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines, programming complementary video content and managing day-to-day story placement.
- Publish, optimize, and distribute video tailored for nbcsports.com, the NBC Sports app, and YouTube.
- Consult on production of original digital videos, specifically for YouTube.
- Optimize and package written content for SEO and external partners to maximize sharing, engagement, and video/livestreaming consumption.
- Distribute NBC Sports written and video content via app notifications, YouTube, and external partners.
- Program editorial content across multiple apps and digital platforms, including connected devices and mobile.
- React to news about core NBC Sports properties, such as Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, Premier League, NHL, Olympics, Notre Dame Football, etc., and coordinate appropriate coverage with writing and digital video production staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Digital Media or related field
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in digital media or newsroom
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Proven SEO experience
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to daily tasks
- Ability to work long hours as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- In-depth knowledge of successful digital content strategies
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to watch our network and view our website on a regular basis
- General understanding of digital livestreaming platforms
- Basic knowledge of core NBC Sports properties, such as Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, Premier League, NHL, Olympics, Notre Dame Football, Golf, strongly preferred
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.