Sr. Product Manager, Video Player Platform, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a dynamic product manager to build and oversee the experience for the video player and make it easy for users to connect with content they love.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and ambitious initiative to shape the future of TV.
This Sr Product Manager role will lead the product development and strategy of the Peacock video player platform, focusing on achieving an industry leading streaming video experience.
In this role, you will:
- Lead global product strategy, roadmap, and define measurements of success for the Peacock video player platform across mobile, web, and connected device integrations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business & technology stakeholders to develop a best-in-class video experience
- Envision feature sets for the ultimate viewing experience of live, linear, VOD, and shortform content, including 4K/HDR, 60 FPS, DVR, enhanced player capabilities, and accessibility
- Translate complex problems into compelling features and functionality that drive consumption and business results
- Prioritize delivery through a roadmap: balancing commercial and customer impact and technical effort/complexity
- Manage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition to go/no-go decision
- Create and deliver exec presentations that explain product features and roadmaps, as and when required
- Help build a product culture at Peacock
What you have:
- Drive for creating innovative and engaging consumer products in the digital ecosystem, with a focus on streaming video, interactive television, live & VOD content.
- Empathy for the user and how to meet their needs and delight them with innovative solutions.
- Vision to anticipate the ever-evolving video delivery and presentation trends, as well as an appreciation for TV/entertainment
- Personal passion and experience with cutting edge audio/video products.
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end video delivery
- Distinguished verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to work with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Enthusiasm to be positive, confident, energetic and display a willingness to lead
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- 5-7 years working in a Product Management (or similar) role, developing video products at scale, delivering excellent customer experiences and measurable business impact
- A strong technical understanding of all aspects of streaming media, including 4K/HDR, DAI, encoding
- Streaming video experience across platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Amazon, Roku) and domains (e.g. TV, Movies, Sports, News, Kids)
- Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases
- Software literacy and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello or similar as well as analytics software
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Director of Data Science (Deep Learning), Peacock Decision Sci...
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York