NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Develop, oversee and execute comprehensive national publicity campaigns for Focus Features theatrical releases
- Pitch long-lead and fast-breaking print, broadcast and radio outlets to secure editorial coverage and reviews (in consumer, niche, business and trade press outlets)
- Initiate and oversee NY awards campaign activities in concert with the awards team in Los Angeles
- Supervise and direct outside publicity agencies and are responsible for monitoring their performance for the duration of each campaign
- Communicate publicity updates to senior level executives, filmmakers and talent on a regular basis
- Work closely with the field department to manage national press participation in press junkets
- Plan and supervise all NY press days and press events (press conferences, stunts, press screenings)
- Work with the head of the department to manage corporate publicity efforts in the New York office by liaising with consumer, trade and business press
- Oversee press coverage for all red carpet premieres and special events in New York
- Plan and oversee publicity activities for film launches at key film festivals
- Expected to stay abreast of and monitor the competitive editorial landscape and have a strong knowledge of industry trends
- Supervise production publicity on films assigned to you (this includes overseeing unit publicists, and working closely with the photo editor to monitor unit photography and approvals)
- Actively participate in brainstorming strategy sessions with members of the executive team
- Communicate publicity initiatives to talent representatives and supervise the execution of publicity campaigns to ensure maximum talent participation
• 10+ years of experience in entertainment publicity, some of which must be in film publicity (background working on specialized film campaigns is a plus)
• Extensive working knowledge of awards campaigns and have strong relationships with New York film critics, guilds, columnists and awards pundits
• 5+ years in a leadership position in a publicity department or at a PR agency
• Bachelors Degree Required
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
• Some travel will be required
• Strong editorial relationships with the New York press corps
• Direct experience overseeing awards campaigns
• Proven success at creating and executing innovative, strategic publicity campaigns
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands