NBCUniversal, LLC, Los Angeles, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• Must be a strong writer & storyteller, who can work fast on overnight breaking news crashes as well as feature stories
• Team player & self-starter, who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment & effectively prioritize assignments
• Close collaboration with LA Bureau managers, correspondents, senior producers, producers, assignment desk, social news gathering, editors
• Pitch story ideas and content
• Full scope and understanding of news production, including field & edit with impeccable news judgment & integrity
• Working knowledge of technical aspects of broadcast & digital production
• Spanish fluency preferred
• Must have at least 5 years editorial production experience at a national news organization
• Must be social media savvy & proficient in finding & tracking user generated content
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must submit reel/portfolio of broadcast & digital work
• Must be willing & able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to travel & work overtime
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Bilingual with Spanish fluency strongly preferred
• Strong work ethic
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid & live programming
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Solid working knowledge of newsroom systems & satellite operations is critical
• Calm demeanor with problem solving skills
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.