Real-Time Technology Developer, CNBC
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The CNBC Real-Time Technology Development team is seeking a full-stack Software Engineer to build, manage, and support software solutions to produce CNBC’s real-time graphics for live television broadcast. The function of this team is to work closely with graphic designers and 3D specialists to provide our viewers real-time market data on charts, boards, tickers, and other graphics that are crucial to reporting business and finance stories. Exciting opportunities include working to create new graphics with augmented reality technologies, interactive elements to be used by on-air talent, and robust data solutions. As a growing team, we are looking for strong communicators and skilled developers hungry to learn more and grow with us.
What you’ll do:
- Develop on and maintain both Windows and Unix-based operating systems
- Collaborate with Graphics teams to structure 3D virtual scenes for scalability and performance
- Source control with Git technologies
- Project management with Agile methodologies
- Web development with HTTPS, RESTful API’s, emerging frameworks like Angular and Node
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City.
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant broad engineering
• Experience with both Windows and Linux operating
• Experience with one or more Object Oriented
• Basic scripting and ability to navigate command line
• Web development experience
• Capability to debug code and triage production issues
• Graphics Tech - Shaders, Augmented Reality,
• Market Data –
• Willingness to work flexible hours and provide on-call
• Open and eager to learn in rapidly changing
environments, and quickly pivot to learn new
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code
quality that follows best practices
• Ability to communicate up and out to all levels of the
• Organizational and time management skills to manage
oneself and multitask effectively
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.