NBCUniversal, LLC, San Jose, CA
Create the extraordinary.
NBC Bay Area is looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced reporter to join our nationally awarded winning team of journalists. We pride ourselves as being an organization dedicated to holding the powerful accountable and uncovering truth. We are looking for an energetic reporter who likes to break and tell compelling stories on a regular basis. An understanding of how to tell stories on our digital platforms is a must. Spanish language skills are a plus. This is a freelance position, not full-time or staff.
- Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews, produce the content in the field, write and voice the story, and present the story live as scheduled on a designated newscast or digital platform.
- Perform on-air responsibilities for designated newscast programs both broadcast and online.
- Work with news producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write, edit, and produce reports, plus produce additional video and graphic presentations as requested.
- Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories.
- Develop and cultivate contacts within the community for news stories. Cooperate with and support NBC News, Newschannel and other NBC owned stations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of experience as a television reporter
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications
- Experience as a General Assignment Reporter
- Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
- Able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
- Strong live reporting skills are necessary
- Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
- Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories
- Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories
- Prior experience delivering recorded and live reports
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.