Marketing Manager, One Platform Marketing
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
One Platform Marketing (OPM) team collaborates, curates, creates and connects all networks and platforms on behalf of advertising clients across the NBCUniversal ecosystem, from local to global. Our integrated marketing solutions span multiple networks across the Entertainment, Lifestyle, News, Sports and Hispanic networks, Strategic Partnerships and divisions of NBCUniversal.
This position reports to the Vice President of One Platform Marketing. This candidate will support and contribute to the development and implementation of full-funnel marketing strategies and creative solutions for brand clients informed by Consumer, Cultural, Category and Client insights that leverage the NBCUniversal and Sky Media portfolio of local to global properties, products, and strategic partners: multi-network, multi-genre (sports, entertainment, lifestyle, Hispanic), scripted, reality, and multi-platform initiatives. Candidates ideally will have a full-bodied background of planning agency, brand advertiser, TV and digital experience while providing category-specific knowledge and experience in developing holistic solutions that generate revenue and ROI for brands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideate and lead cross portfolio marketing and creative solutions for agency/category specific advertising partners
- Liaison for designated agency portals and all categories
- Marketing Strategy: Synthesize brand advertiser client direction, sales strategy, cultural/market trends, and consumer insights into compelling strategic platforms that focus thinking and spark creative ideation
- Communication: Cultivate relationships, gaining trust and respect, and facilitate efficient, transparent communication with internal cross-functional partners: sales, network marketing, strategic partner liaisons, design, research, and content creative teams.
- Cross-platform dexterity: Develop and communicate ideas that stretch across platforms, leveraging them creatively and effectively in service of the idea, the client advertiser, and the consumer (linear, digital, mobile, social, VOD, second-screen, etc.)
- Pre-sale process: Attend media/marketing calls with brand advertisers and/or agencies to identify client needs, lead internal briefing sessions of cross-disciplinary teams, develop response proposals ensuring content ideas are purposeful, on-brand, and on-strategy, and pitch ideas succinctly & effectively
- Visual storytelling: Weave insights and ideas into compelling, coherent stories using PowerPoint and other desktop design applications
- Post-sale process: Oversee the execution of multi-platform campaign packages sold to brand advertisers by serving as a centralized point of contact and ensuring that all stakeholders are consistently informed and adhering to the terms of the deal
• Four-year degree (B.A.,B.S) from an accredited college of university or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional experience ideally at an advertising, branded content, media agency, media company or sales organization
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Has high standards for work, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills plus solid attention to detail
• Team oriented; Ability to effectively take direction and apply learnings to everyday responsibilities; can-do attitude
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and creative writing skills
• Proven ability to partner effectively with team members from multiple organizational functions (e.g. sales, creative, research, production) at varying levels of seniority both internally and with external media agencies and advertisers
• Excellence at maintaining diplomacy, composure and effectiveness through written and verbal communication.
• Dynamic and effective presentation/public speaking skills.
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and learning on the job
• A self-motivator who can take limited direction and produce tangible results tackling problems completely and with total ownership
• Ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests, and issues and develop options for paths forward when necessary
• Creative confidence and an ability to contribute ideas in a creative group atmosphere
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Media Jobs For You
Entertainment Coordinator, Unscripted, Documentary, Crime & Li...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California