Social/Platforms Editor, Weekends, MSNBC
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We’re looking for an editor to help distribute MSNBC's best stories and reporting across its social media accounts, homepage and newsletters. Working weekends, you will be part of a small but dedicated crew that is crucial in keeping our highly-engaged audiences up to date.
You will juggle posting breaking news to multiple social platforms, with a particular focus on MSNBC’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. When you're not posting to social, you’ll be updating the MSNBC homepage.
The position is a full-time staff position based in New York, but candidates from around the country will be considered. It will require working Saturday and Sunday.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Distributing breaking news and original reporting via MSNBC’s social accounts, with a particular focus on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Curating the MSNBC homepage with a mix of video, blogs and columns.
- Writing compelling, accurate and responsible social posts and headlines that engage our audiences.
- Headline writing and a/b testing.
- Help organize editorial planning across the weekend; execute promotion of weekend network specials
- Engaging with real-time analytics and tracking audience behavior to help inform promotion and optimization opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and comparable work
• Two or more years working in a digital newsroom. One or
more years working in social media desirable.
• Experience building social media audiences across
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
• Editing in a newsroom environment preferred, including
experience with breaking news.
• Experience and comfort with working independently and
multi-tasking during high-pressure situations.
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment.
• A deep knowledge about social media and the latest
trends in digital media.
• An awareness of NBC News and MSNBC personalities
• Strong organizational, analytical, and communication
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Sr Product Designer, Peacock Product Design, Viewing Experience
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Sales Commercial Producer - NBCU Local Washington DC
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, District of Columbia