NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal operates 30 news and entertainment cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks & Resorts.
About the Role
Do you enjoy digging into data, finding insights and opportunities, and using your creativity to make good things great? Have you been called “consumer-centric?” Do you excel at communicating up, down, left, and right across an organization?
As part of the Product team, you will serve as an expert on metadata, sports results data, CMS tools, and workflow within several NBCUniversal’s direct-to-consumer digital properties, including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, and NBC Entertainment. You will maintain a strong understanding of how our multiple complex systems interact, and ensure it scales as we add more variables into the systems. The successful candidate likes to solve problem and know their way around data structure. This is a highly cross-functional role and will require the consummate team player to be successful. Are you someone that can think big and then roll up your sleeves to get it done?
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritize backlog of user stories for implementation
- Write, prioritize, and accept product user stories
- Partner with the Design/UX, Engineering, PMO, Editorial/Operations, and Product Marketing teams on projects and work closely with them to ensure product specifications meet their needs, understand current challenges, identify opportunities to innovate and improve
- Plan and perform analysis of content management processes and guides the subsequent design and implementation or improvement
- Developing and ensuring timely delivery of data products to internal and external clients, including data science teams, content management systems, digital streaming systems and media distributors.
- Collaborate with other members of the product team
- Be a strong and vocal voice of the consumer
- Develop and nurture relationships with external platform partners and technology vendors
- Mentor or manage other members of the product team
- Keep on top of industry trends, technologies, and techniques
- Driven to find and improve solutions
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to perform effectively in a rapidly changing environment with new tools and technologies
- Understanding of best practices of effective and scalable API development
- Self-starter who can work autonomously
- Analytics and strategic thinking, solid decision-making skills
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, competitive, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead meetings and workshops to drive to conclusion and next steps
- Curious in nature and able to balance what the data says with what your gut tells you
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.