Producer - Telemundo Sacramento
NBCUniversal, LLC, Sacramento, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Ensure productions run on time
- Responsible for selecting, assigning, writing and organizing news stories
- Responsible for identifying newsworthy stories.
- Works in collaboration with Assignment Editors, Reporters, and production crews.
- Field produce stories and assist with live shots as needed
- Revises scripts for accuracy and grammar.
- Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a news cast that achieves the daily goal.
- Work directly with content producers articulating angle of story, length and video.
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Participation in station special events is required
- Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what news in the market is.
- Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
- Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
- Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working as a producer in TV production.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must
• Lead as control room supervisor
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Ability to interact effectively with all news operations personnel and external department personnel who can impact the daily operations.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the Sacramento CA area
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work on emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Ability to multi-task and follow directions from numerous sources as part of a team.
• Able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment without direct supervision.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Highly competitive nature.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands