Tech Operations Specialist
NBCUniversal, LLC, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Telemundo Albuquerque is looking for a Technical Operations Specialist. As a Tech Ops Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Technical Directing live as well as recorded programs, segments, spots, promos and commercials
• Ability to build splits, boxes, and multi-layered effects on the switcher level
• Ability to perform ingest and signal acquisition duties as needed
• Editing news and or sweeps pieces under tight deadlines
• Maintain inventory and perform daily housekeeping of all switcher effects and banks
• Proactively stay current with production changes, and technology advancements that are designed to improve workflows
• Maintain strict station quality standards
• Willingness to help train colleagues
• Participate in editorial meetings
• Submit Issue tracker discrepancy report as needed
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
• 5+ Years working in television news preferably in a top 10 news market
• In-depth experience (3+ years) serving as Technical Director
• Experience editing news packages under tight deadlines
• Excellent Story Telling Skills with sound news judgment
• Experience managing digital content in a production environment
• Experience with production automation in a live environment
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of television production
• Knowledge of graphics devices such as Ross Xpression
• Knowledge of video servers such as Omneon
• Strong Computer Skills with experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment
• Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community
• A positive and motivated attitude to consistently raise the production standard
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, overnights, holidays
• Must be willing to work at Albuquerque, New Mexico
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• In-depth experience with ROSS switchers
• Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard
• In-depth experience with Grass Valley
• In-depth experience of Adobe Premiere
• In-depth experience working with P2 Workflow
• Experience with Solid State Logic Audio Consoles.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.