Manager, Social Media
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Working with the Head of Social Media, develop the content strategy for our social channels that drives ticket sales.
- Operates as a social media lead strategist leading all integrated social media planning for campaigns and segment initiatives.
- Manage social media content team, including contractors and agencies, to ensure content aligns with Universal Studios Hollywood brand, yet engages audiences in new and unique ways.
- Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and build our audience.
- Write and create disruptive social content on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Responsible for creating and implementing industry leading social publishing best practices with engagement benchmarks for all social channels
- Analyze performance and quantify value of social content, demonstrating each pieces role in driving awareness, intent to purchase, and conversion.
- Lead creative brainstorm meetings with 360 teams.
- Concept original social media campaigns that drive sales.
- Test, evaluate, and provide recommendations/strategy on the Universal Studios Hollywood presence on emerging social platforms.
• 5-7 years of experience working with for social platforms (in-house or agency)
• Bachelors Degree Required (Graphic Design, Communication, Marketing or related field).
• Proven work experience as a social media strategist or social media manager
• Mastery of Social Media Tools: Must have extensive experience with some native social channels and experience with a range of social tools: Hootsuite, Radian 6, Omniture, WebTrends, Sprinklr, Adobe Social etc.
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency in Mac OSX, Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, etc.), Microsoft Office and Acrobat.
• Must be able to collaborate and work well with all levels of staff.
• Online portfolio required with job application, including GIFs, infographics, social media campaign work and/or photography.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA with flexibility to work a hybrid schedule from home and in the office.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of executives and management
• Vision and ability to translate messaging to multiple media (e.g. video, GIFs, cinemagraphs, infographics, photo)
• Have a deep understanding of both the experiential and analytical interpretation of the customer journey.
• Must be able to create fresh on-brand creative working within existing brand guidelines.
• Tech-savvy with a strong command of digital (interactive, multi-media) as well as traditional graphic design
• Strong attention-to-detail and project management skills, including production schedule management.
• Friendly and positive demeanor; team player who enjoys interacting with people and has a demonstrated ability to work with internal and external clients building strong relationships.
• Proven ability to drive and successfully execute on strategic content objectives.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.