Reporter - Boston
NBCUniversal, LLC, Boston, Massachusetts
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews, produce the content in the field, write and voice the story, and present the story live as scheduled on a designated newscast.
- Perform on-air responsibilities for designated newscast
- Work with news producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write, edit, and produce station news packages. Produce additional video and graphic presentations as requested.
- Contribute story ideas for key series pieces and lead stories for daily news programs. Research and write scripts for news content. Select video and coordinate the editing and graphic design production for material that appears on-air.
- Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories.
- Build relationships with the community and community leaders for the purpose of developing connections to story leads.
- Develop and cultivate contacts within the community for news stories. Cooperate with and support NBC News, Newschannel and other Local Media stations.
- Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special promotions projects.
- Adhere to all NBC News Legal & Standards requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of experience as a television reporter.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications.
- Experience as a General Assignment Reporter
- Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English, and be able to read and write in both languages
- Able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
- Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
- Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
- Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories.
- Prior experience delivering taped and live reports.
- Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage.
- Prior experience reporting in a top 50 market.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.