Performance Testing Engineer, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The End-to-End Performance Testing Engineer will be part of the Reliability & Performance team and will be responsible for performance testing all services and systems used to deliver NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platform.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain a performance testing environment and associated scripts that allows the end-to-end application stack to be tested to scale regularly
- Build and execute negative testing / chaos testing to ensure that systems meet requirements for fault tolerance.
- Integrate performance testing into the CI/CD pipeline and work with development teams to ensure all changes are tested prior to production deployment
- Work with business to understand projections for system utilization and assist development teams in translating the projections into system test targets
- Analyze system performance from real world scenarios to ensure that load testing NFRs properly reflect application utilization and update test scripts as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field
• Minimum 3 years experience in a performance testing role for a cloud application
• Expertise in building and executing tests in at least one framework such as BlazeMeter/JMeter, Gatling, and Akamai Soasta.
• Understanding of multiple cloud computing platforms and the impact of CDN on performance testing
• Programming experience in a scripting language (Python, Bash, etc…)
• Familiarity with CI/CD and containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives.
• Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies.
• Availability to travel as required
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.