UX Architect, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
As a UX Architect on the Commerce team, you will help establish, maintain, and extend our design system, working cross-functionally with designers, product managers, technologists and engineers, to ensure a cohesive and consistent customer experience. Also, you will analyze and document user journeys, process flows, system maps, and other necessary visualizations of how Peacock Commerce experiences seamlessly integrate front- and back-end requirements.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- You are a seasoned design systems thinker, with extensive experience working cross-functionally in consumer-facing digital product.
- You have a solid grasp of user research, information architecture, interaction design, and content strategy, and are able to clearly communicate to teams how those factors will influence the design processes and outcomes.
- You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, and engage in fact-based discourse.
- You are fluid and adaptable with a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach—able to work on multiple tracks, pivot from one project to another, and adapt yourself to the problem.
- You are familiar with usability principles and techniques and is skilled using UX tools for the various stages of development—wireframing and prototyping, user research and testing, organizing information, and analytics and metrics.
- You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
What you will be doing:
- Build bridges, collaborate and influence design, engineering, and product management stakeholders and technical leaders, across Peacock
- Present study plans and findings to all audiences. Formulate and communicate methods and insights to peers, leadership, and contributors across the organization.
- Balance inputs from business, product, design, technology, and external partners. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
- Evaluate current usability, visual design, efficiency for customers, taxonomy, on-site search, and performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Use data from our Customer Insights team to recommend and drive strategies and decisions based on data.
- Develop user flows based around Peacock’s use cases and their digital needs.
- Stay abreast of the latest web, mobile, and device technologies
- Communicate updates regularly with stakeholders and senior management.
● Minimum 5+ as a UX Architect
● BS or BA in Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Web Programming, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Proven experience designing applications that balance user needs, business requirements, commercial interests, and technological constraints
● A strong portfolio that showcases how your work has impacted the product experience and demonstrates your ability to extract actionable insights from qualitative and quantitative data
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.