Senior Platform Operations Engineer - NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Work from USA
Create the extraordinary.
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Senior Platform Operations Engineer to join our Platform Operations Team. This role is a unique opportunity to join a team that builds and supports the core infrastructure that runs the SportsEngine Platform services and products. This position spans multiple skill sets, from Software Developer to Web Operations. Our platform-driven approach means defining and standardizing organizational best practices, and then building them into our Kubernetes-based infrastructure platform. This role is open to remote applicants. Applicants in the Minneapolis area have the option of working out of our Minneapolis office space. We strive to have a remote and hybrid friendly work environment, giving our employees the flexibility to choose what works best for them.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Platform Operations Engineer include;
- Ensuring the SportsEngine platform is up and running smoothly while serving a large volume of traffic.
- Using Amazon Web Services to build highly available services for the SportsEngine infrastructure platform built on top of the Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service.
- Helping to foster a culture of cooperation, coordination and continuous learning within the Platform Operations Team and with other Product Development teams throughout SportsEngine.
- Working closely with the SportsEngine Cyber Security Team to maintain and improve the security of the SportsEngine Platform.
- Contributing to and using our GitHub Pull Request-centered development pipeline as we continuously deliver value to our customers.
- Using tools such as Newrelic and Datadog to monitor the health of the SportsEngine platform.
- Being an advocate for quality code and engineering practices that enable Continuous Delivery.
- Participation in the 24x7 on-call rotation
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of Software Engineering, either;
- Operating web applications in a Site Reliability Engineering, Web Operations, or Cloud Engineering capacity.
- A strong foundation in modern coding practices and the ability to write quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
- A team-oriented attitude and seemingly endless intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired characteristics and experience:
- Experience with any of the following: infrastructure as code (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar), containers (docker, kubernetes), datastores (Mysql, Redis, ElasticSearch), or data streaming (SNS/SQS, Kinesis).
- Experience troubleshooting SAAS based production systems in an incident response capacity.
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment shipping code on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.