Technical Engineering Manager - NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Work from USA
Create the extraordinary.
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Technical Engineering Manager to lead our Front-End Engineering Team. This position has a unique impact on our Engineering Organization. As the Front-End Chapter leader you will foster a community driven approach to shared Front-End best practices that will impact the entire Engineering Organization at SportsEngine. At SportsEngine we believe in the power of both aligning as cross-functional product teams, and as functional technical disciplines, in this case Front-End Engineering. This role is open to remote applicants. Applicants in the Minneapolis area have the option of working out of our Minneapolis office space. We strive to have a remote and hybrid friendly work environment, giving our employees the flexibility to choose what works best for them.
As a Technical Engineering Manager of the Front-End Chapter, you will...
- Lead 4 to 8 Software Engineers from the Front-End Chapter as direct reports while helping to grow their skills and careers.
- Set strategic technical direction of Front-End application development efforts that will have a significant impact for our end-users.
- Align and motivate the Front-End engineering chapter as they deliver new working code daily in an agile development environment.
- Coach software engineers as they write code that is accessible, maintainable, performant, testable and secure.
- Mentor software engineers as they build reusable application components using TypeScript, Angular, and SCSS for SportsEngine’s internal UI Component Library.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team stakeholders such as UX designers, product managers, and software engineers to develop across SportsEngine’s portfolio of products and services.
- Work directly with software engineers, both Front-End and Back-End, through code reviews and pair programming.
- Help to shape a culture of learning across the entire SportsEngine Engineering organization.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 7+ years of professional Front-End or full-stack experience building web applications for a variety of browsers and platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile environments.
- 2+ years of professional experience as an Engineering Manager helping others to learn, improve and grow their professional careers.
- Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment.
- Exhibit a deep respect for building software sustainably using modern techniques and industry best practices.
Desired characteristics and experience:
- Knowledge of TypeScript, Angular and Webpack.
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience building accessible web applications.
- Ability to build consensus and a collaborative team environment.
- Experience forming and maintaining a technical roadmap around big engineering initiatives.
- Experience running regular retrospectives with a focus on effective team collaboration and process improvement
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.