Senior UI/ UX Designer- NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal, LLC, Orlando, FL USA
Create the extraordinary.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
- Online marketing and distribution of tee times
- Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
- Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
We are seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our Experience Design team responsible for driving innovative and ground-breaking user experiences across our platforms, products and services. As Senior User Experience Designer you will lead a variety of projects and collaborate with fellow members of the Product and Technology team to conceptualize, wireframe, prototype and develop business requirements into usable, useful and delightful products.
As a Senior User Experience Designer you'll be:
- Delivering functional and aesthetically strong products, driven by user requirements that provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrating empathy for end user experience and delivering UI with that in mind.
- Tracking progress, time and communicating effectively using available tools including Jira, Slack, Teams and Confluence.
- Identifying risks within projects and escalate in a timely manner.
- Designing and mapping out the user experience for all GolfNow products, including flows and graphic elements.
- Consulting with colleagues and customers to determine the functions expected and to create and optimize the user experience of our products.
- Producing Sketch files for the use of the Product & Technology Team in specifying design requirements and implementing products.
- Working closely with the Software Engineering Team to ensure that designs and flows are implemented successfully
- Assessing and giving feedback on product and making any recommendations for improvement or further development.
- Coaching peers and junior designers to support growth of their design and leadership skills.
- Leading meetings with UX and engineering staff.
- Creating design systems for digital products.
- Contributing technical expertise to the design components of the development effort.
- 5+ years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a consumer facing organization or digital agency.
- 3+ years of experience working with multi-platform, living room and mobile apps.
- Advanced knowledge of Sketch & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working experience with Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software.
- A critical eye for detail and the ability to develop an in depth understanding of users’ needs.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate ideas and proposals through information & presentations.
- Ability to share a current strong portfolio showcasing a broad range of examples of past work in UX/UI and IXD.
Ideally you'll also have:
- Experience in iOS, tvOS and Android Platforms.
- Knowledge of additional platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design.
- Experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing.
LOCATION: Hybrid model - some days in the office, some days remote.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.