DreamWorks TV - Developmental Production Manager
NBCUniversal, LLC, Glendale, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Development Production Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day work on all projects in Development as well as the in-house staff and remote artists, under the guidance of the Director. With direction from the Development Director, the Development Production Manager tracks all of the Development work in progress and implements strategies to stay on schedule and budget while encouraging the crew to deliver their best work.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Development Production Manager to join its team based in Glendale, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the early visual development on all projects in Development, which includes sourcing artists through Recruiting, drafting assignments, scheduling launches and reviews, ensuring feedback is delivered, and tracking project statuses and artist deals
- Work with the Development Director and Development Executives to proactively ensure that the staffing needs of the projects are met, when appropriate communicate needs clearly to Creative Talent Management and Recruiting
- Manage schedules and budgets for development exploration, pitch creation, animation slices, and/or other development assets
- When requested, under the guidance of the Development Director generate master schedules and budgets for shows slated to go into Production
- Run launches and review meetings to ensure clear communication, dissemination of information, acknowledge accomplishments and discuss challenges
- Act as point of contact for communication related to Development artist deals, including working with Recruiting, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Business Affairs
- Attend storyboard pitches and art review meetings with the project’s Development Executive(s) and Creative Leadership to ensure that the schedule is moving forward and/or specific issues are addressed and/or escalated
- On pilot animatics and animation tests, help the Development Director ensure that milestones are met and that appropriate internal and external parties are communicating in a timely and productive manner
- On CG asset builds, act as point person with our internal CG team to provide necessary reference materials and coordinate reviews and feedback
- On animation tests, assist Development Director and Post Production Supervisor/Coordinator in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure information is communicated in a timely manner
- As necessary, adjust details of project bar schedules under direction of Development Director
- Help to build and update tracking documents and agendas
- Advise the Development Director of any potential problems or issues, particularly those impacting schedule, and come prepared with proposed solutions
- Responsible for the proper introduction and onboarding of appropriate scheduling tools and processes to the crew
- Under the guidance of the Development Director, review and approve timecards and timecard tracker, ensuring accuracy
- Provide mentorship and opportunities for growth for the production staff, including delegating targeted tasks and empowering the production staff to take on additional responsibilities
- Develop thoughtful and meaningful initiatives and events to elevate crew morale and to grow the team dynamic
- Assist Development Director with performance reviews to provide the crew clear feedback with specific examples within the timeframe provided by the studio
- Under the supervision of the Development Director discuss performance management or personnel issues and come prepared with suggested solutions and/or plans to resolve issues
- Under the guidance of the Development Director, be transparent with the studio regarding pertinent issues and concerns with the crew and show leadership
- Ensure that the team culture is one of timely feedback (with both positive praise and constructive criticism)
- Foster an environment of collaboration and an environment where mistakes are an opportunity for growth
- When relevant and appropriate, convey studio initiatives to the crew
Comprehensive knowledge of the animation production process, TV experience
Previous experience with animation production budget management
Ability to work with remote crew and independent contractors
Manage and drive multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times
Work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
Proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment
Use discretion and maintain confidential information
Solid project management skills. Able to own tasks and drives through completion
Communicates clearly and ensures that the correct internal and external groups are provided timely updates
Effectively communicates with respect and consideration with studio employees and Partner Studio(s) at all levels
BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience
3-5 years as Production Manager/Associate Producer
Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Photoshop
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.