Product Manager, Universal Workspace
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Platform Solutions team within Advertising Platforms & Operations is responsible for supporting NBCUniversal’s day-to-day global advertising business by building, enhancing, and scaling internal products, as well as maintaining and streamlining operational workflows and leading master data management (MDM), with a particular focus on driving efficiencies through automation. We are currently seeking a Director, Global Product, to build out the product strategy and end-to-end architecture for our global pitch-to-pay (P2P) process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a key role in the requirements gathering, design and development for custom built system Universal Workspace
- Responsible for documenting requirements across all business groups working in Universal Workspace
- Responsible for project management functions such as running meetings, meeting notes, managing to a project plan
- Work closely with cross functional product team, multiple business groups and engineering
- Work closely with Ad Sales Training COE on training plan and materials
- Strategize with executive business sponsors to optimize application effectiveness and efficiency, with both long- and short-term goals in mind
- Communicate and document new project requirements and expectations to development team and technical executives
- Communicate application enhancements, updates and process changes to business users and support teams
- Present and train users and support teams on current/future functionality
- Liaison with engineering and IT leads
- Collaborate with support teams to ensure user needs/expectations are consistently met
- Collaborate with Sales, Planning, Marketing, Research, and Finance leaders on ad sales process enhancements
- Share best practices with co-workers in Sales Solutions, as well as other Comcast organizations
- Oversee and manage all Ad Sales ad-hoc system requests
- Provide project management support; at times, drive conversations with the end goal being to drive results
- Identify/document project risks and multiple mitigation strategies to ensure successful project execution
- Support the VP in overall program management of the larger ad product technology roadmap
- Demonstrate a proven ability to drive a senior level stakeholder team to consensus
- Communication of project updates to the broader NBCU organization and/or key project stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
• 3+ experience in the media Ad Sales industry or product management
• Expert user of MS Office/MS Excel
• Proven skills with process documentation and system applications
• Experience working directly in media, as it relates to display, video, mobile, audience and inventory platforms
• An attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
• Ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
• Ability to organize meetings including creating pertinent agendas, managing conversations, and summarizing the results into a set of decisions made and next steps
• Extensive multi-tasking capabilities in a highly dynamic environment
• Great verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate with all levels in the Organization, both technical and non-technical
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with executive management and build relationships with people at all levels
• Ability to manage multiple teams and projects running in parallel
• Proven facilitation skills and ability to work with multi-functional teams (business and IT)
• Proven ability to be both strategic and tactical
• Proven detail orientation skills with high sense of accountability and integrity while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to think proactively and manage multiple projects
• Proven ability to enhance skillsets of other team members
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Media Jobs For You
Account Manager (Technology Sales) - NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations