Investigative Reporter - Telemundo Tampa
NBCUniversal, LLC, Tampa, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, writing, editing, producing and gathering consumer/investigative content
- Preparing consumer reports for air, working either independently or with a producer
- Develop a network of sources and experts to generate enterprise consumer/investigative stories on a daily basis
- Provide editorial guidance; manage tips database and resolve consumer complaints on a daily basis
- File and manage public records requests, conduct interviews, and contact companies for comment on stories
- Gathering news information and preparing presentation for air, on line and for social media
- Will write news stories on a daily basis for station’s newscasts, recorded programs and/or other live, station broadcasts – either in the studio or out on location as needed
- Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing and presenting consumer and investigative stories as needed.
- Presents completed news stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair and balanced.
- Will report live during newscasts and breaking news as needed, either in studio or out in the field.
- Will coordinate, organize, conduct and video-record interviews
- Will develop on-going “sweeps” and “special series” stories.
- Represents Telemundo in community related events.
- Builds relationships with community and contacts for developing story leads.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working as an on-air television reporter
• Strong Spanish language story-telling and television writing skills required
• Must know computer-assisted research and reporting as well as database programs
• Preferred BS/BA degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• Must have the ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish and have a solid knowledge of the English language as well
• Must have the ability to travel and work weekends when needed and on short notice
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Tampa, FL
• Must be willing to submit a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to live in the United States
• Must provide a demo reel/portfolio of previous television work examples
• Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary
• Knowledgeable of Tampa Bay area and how to navigate travel
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work contacts on the phone to break stories, news tips and to react quickly and aggressively to breaking news
• Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts and a critical eye for details
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and handle high-pressure situations on a consistent basis, especially during story research and investigations, as well as breaking news situations
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and work well and contribute within a strong station team environment
• Possess strong computer skills for research and applications and master knowledge of news editing /News system (Edius)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands