NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Art Director role will be responsible for overseeing all 360 design initiatives, providing comprehensive creative and strategic design directions on campaigns for the USA network and Universal Kids, as well as working on movie promotions for Bravo, E! and SYFY. The candidate will work closely with the Sr. Creative Director to maintain cohesive and consistent brand across all platforms on USA - on air, print, social and digital.
The candidate should have a strong creative point-of-view, passion for developing fresh and unique approach to each project, a collaborative style, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry. While independent-minded and highly self-motivated, fostering a "team-first" environment, candidate must have be exceptionally organized and have experience leading a design team.
- Oversee and lead creative development of print, digital and motion design, ensuring all goals are met with high creative quality standard.
- Ensure that teams deliver projects that are exceptional creatively and strategically driven.
- Create an environment of collaboration between promos, social and digital team.
- Ensure design consistency across all brands, working closely with various other design groups within the company.
- Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and across the company while managing a large volume of projects.
- Research new talent and resources including designers, and other outside creatives.
• Passionate about design, typography, photography, animation and trends & pop culture.
• Deep and sharp knowledge on design trend/history and art history
• Willing to Inspire and share the knowledge and background skills with rest of the team
• Thoughtful and caring personality who thrives in seeing growth of her direct reports and the team
• Collaborative and be able to establish great partnership across the internal stakeholders as well as external agencies and partners.
• Must be fluent in all Adobe suites. Knowledge of visual effects and 3D is a plus
• Knowledge of all aspects of design, print, digital, live action and photography shoot production and post -production is essential
• Self-starter and risktaker with projects with new ideas, strong creative imagination and fresh design thinking and directions
• Multi-tasker, very detailed and organized minded creative
• Proven ability to develop and execute strategy-driven, high quality design
• Proven track record of success within a fast-paced, deadline-drive, team-oriented environment where an ability to multi-task and be highly flexible is essential.
• Skilled in Writing treatments, briefs and creative
• Great verbal and written communication with presentation skills
• Minimum of 3-5 years of design experience within a television/cable network OR a design agency
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.