Studio Line Producer - NBC Sports Washington
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, District of Columbia
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Produce live studio-based shows, including but not limited to formatting the show, determining storylines, coordinating cut-ins, and writing copy
- Coordinate all live shots during broadcast
- Daily communication with digital assignment desk to help develop team-related content
- Provide direction and feedback to talent regarding show content
- Proactively propose original, timely and innovative content ideas
- Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web and social media platforms
- Produce write, edit and oversee all show-related content
- Develop contingency plans for breaking stories
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Radio/TV/Film, Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience producing live shows
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong writing and producing skills including in a live studio show environment
- Thorough knowledge of local and national sports
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Knowledge of web, online video and mobile standards, best practices, design and usability principles, and constraints
- Passion for television production and the sports business
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable and leadership qualities
- Able to handle prioritize effectively, handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environmen
- Able to take direction and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Detail oriented
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal’s local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 U.S. markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle
entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast
networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV,
marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of U.S. homes, NBCUniversal Local is the
only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country’s top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local’s stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital
web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands