Sr. Manager, Category Management, Adult Fashion
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Directly responsible for managing the adult apparel and accessories, kids and adult footwear and building the fashion DTR business.
- Negotiate and manage contracts by analyzing and vetting licensee business plans identifying opportunities, and filling gaps by product category and related sub-categories, age, segment, market, channel, and franchise.
- In line with the regional strategy, develop, set, and execute strategies for the relevant category in conjunction with relevant stakeholders including plans for new business for each sub-category and franchise.
- Collaborate on retail initiatives and marketing for current film releases and library properties for targeted categories.
- Manage the annual budget planning and quarterly forecasting process, developing licensee objectives and initiatives to drive growth, working with finance.
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership, and joint business planning as appropriate with each licensee, new and existing.
- Partner with Product Development team to drive quality and champion innovation in product development.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics for key licensees, and buying cycles of retailers.
- Support brand marketing initiatives including the development and execution of category plans.
• Bachelor’s degree + 6 - 8 years of directly related experience or + 8 years of related experience in fashion and licensed apparel
• Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
• Strong business and merchandising experience in apparel/fashion industry ideally in juniors/men’s
• Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
• Strong communication & presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
• Flexible/ability to adjust to changing business environment
• Innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative thinker
• Team player
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Comprehensive knowledge of apparel production timelines and creative capabilities/limitations
• Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office as well as Keynote
• Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
• Analytical thinker with proven experience analyzing data and developing and executing strategies
• Relationships in the licensed/fashion industry
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.