Senior Engineer, Digital Systems & Reliability, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Remote
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
A well-seasoned and accomplished engineer will join a team that will lead engineering design and support for Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, innovative streaming service. This role will lead engineering support efforts to ensure the maximum reliability for all Peacock operations, including live event production. Using knowledge and experience as a key subject matter expert, they will guide engineering resources and operational partners by bridging the gap between traditional broadcast engineering and DTC.
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and issue resolution of all transmission, monitoring, and communication systems related to Peacock operations, including live event productions
- Ensure the engineering designs, plans, maintenance, and other activities related to engineered systems result in a safe and reliable transmission operation. This is inclusive of transmission paths, switching stations, encoding and decoding, timing, routing, and scheduling systems
- Liaison with engineers, operators, and leadership to facilitate support of cross-disciplinary operations and engineered systems
- Interface with Telecommunications carriers and vendors to identify, escalate and resolve issues, commit maintenance windows, as well as improve on overall performance
- Lead the development of standard operation procedures associated with technical operations to improve human/machine interface reliability. This includes, but is not limited to, audio/video and communications systems, the QC process for live events, outgoing transmission activity, and in-depth streaming monitoring
- By example, supervise and train support staff committed to the same safe and reliable operations necessary for Peacock
• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in systems engineering design, configuration, and maintenance
• Proven understanding of IP networking (CCNA certification preferred)
• Proficiency in Bash, Terminal, AWS EC2
• Familiarity of video transport standards/protocols (e.g., MPEG, HEVC, HLS, RTP, ASI, HLS, CMAF, DASH) and DAI standards (e.g., SCTE 104 and SCTE 35)
• Proficiency in MS Office, Visio (or similar), and AutoCad /Vault
• Proven track-record of issue resolution and troubleshooting of complex technical systems.
• Ability to prepare and deliver written and oral communications of complex matters
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work nights, overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Familiarity with baseband video protocols (HD-SDI, 2110 and 2022-6/7), 4K/HDR standards, Dolby 5.1 and Atmos audio standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong technical writing skills, and the ability to work under the pressures of a live television environment
• Familiarity with broadcast technologies, to include routing and switching, frame sync, large-scale KVMs; including products from vendors such as Evertz, Grass Valley, Adder, and Sony
• Proven track-record of issue resolution and troubleshooting of complex technical systems
• Previous experience in critical data center operations, telecommunications, energy generation plant, or similar critical systems support roles
• Impeccable project management skills and demonstrated product ownership experience
• Previous supervisory role
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or similar, or equivalent experience
• CCNA certification a plus
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands