Technical Operations Lead Architect, Peacock, DTC
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Remote
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Technical Operations Lead Architect will be part of the Technical Operations Assurance team and will help execute the strategy and various work streams of the resiliency and disaster recovery programs. This role will work closely with various business and technology functions to develop and implement future state an effort to ensure that technology services including tools, applications, and services are resilient by design and recoverable in case of potential events.
- Lead a small team to work across business and technology groups to understand Disaster Recovery needs and capabilities to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency.
- Assess recovery plans to determine actual state of application/platform resiliency. Conduct gap analysis to identify areas of improvement.
- Engineer, document and implement Disaster Recovery processes and procedures.
- Drive creation and testing of Disaster Recovery runbooks to streamline recovery efforts for technology disruptions (natural and human-caused)
- Help establish application/platform testing standards and guidelines. Conduct reviews of the plans and testing exercises
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement Disaster Recovery standards for Cloud services.
- Assess technology services and Cloud platform architectures to ensure implementations are highly resilient and recoverable.
- Participate in technology development and implementation projects to incorporate resiliency requirements into the solution design.
- Partner with Business Continuity Program to conduct Technology Resiliency Plans.
- Lead assigned projects related to the Disaster Recovery program and conduct research.
- Work as an SME and advisor on Disaster Recovery matters for the Disaster Recovery program.
- Recommend solutions to enhance existing Disaster Recovery capabilities.
• Expert knowledge and experience of business continuity and disaster recovery subjects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
• Experience working as a senior Enterprise Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure, or Application Architect.
• Expert knowledge and experience of Cloud services (ServiceNow, AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as data center-based platforms (Operating Systems, IAM, Virtualization, Network, Storage, Etc.), especially from a Disaster Recovery perspective.
• Strong breadth of knowledge of various technology architecture domains e.g., Infrastructure, Application, Data, Security, etc.
• Strong leadership, project management, presentation, and collaboration skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
• Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred.
• Certification in AWS, GCP, or Azure a plus
• Certification in the Disaster Recovery space such as Mile2 C/DRE, EC-Counsil’s EDRP, BCM’s DRCP, DRCS or DRCE a plus
• Experience with CDN delivery providers (Akamai, CloudFront, Fastly, Cloudfare)
• Configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (example: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation)
• CI/CD (Jenkins / Concourse / GoCD / GitLab)
• Networking (Load Balancing, Routing, Security Groups, VPC, Subnetting)
• Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RedHat)
• Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
• Monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios)
• Logging (ELK, Splunk, Loki)
• Scripting / System-Programming (Python, Go, Bash, Java, Node)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Technical Program Manager, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations