Specialist- NBC News Digital
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC News Digital is looking for a Specialist, Video Distribution and Curation. Reporting to the Director of Video Curation and Distribution, NBC News Digital, this role will be responsible for curating, publishing and producing NBC News and MSNBC videos on YouTube, owned OTT apps and other digital syndication partners such as Peacock. In this role, we are looking for someone with firsthand knowledge of YouTube publishing, video production and OTT platform management. This is an opportunity to join team behind NBC News Digital - Video. The video curation and distribution team is the backbone operation that gets the right video content onto the right digital platform.
- Publish and edit video for TODAY, MSNBC and NBC News YouTube channels.
- Edit thumbnails and work with marketing and design units to coordinate graphic thumbnail options.
- Manage playlists on site and on YouTube to elevate what viewers want to watch in the moment.
- Collaborate with platform editors to elevate the best video of the day on site and on mobile apps.
- Send pitch notes and be in daily communication with syndication partners for daily news and special event coverage.
- Curate multiple owned OTT apps for Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV and Android TV.
- Ensure syndication success for VOD assets and resolve when necessary.
- Monitor competitors for best practices in the rapidly evolving OTT and YouTube landscape.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in digital media publishing,
preferably in digital news media.
• Experience with content management/online publishing
• Strong headline writing skills and able to adhere to style
• Able to work with non-linear video editing programs like
AVID Media Composer and Adobe Premiere.
• Able to work late evening/overnight hours, 4:00pm to
• Good time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Deep understanding of YouTube publishing tools and
• Strong journalistic standards and editorial judgment
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.