Product Manager, Global Metadata , Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock’s viewing product team is seeking an energized product manager to own the metadata product roadmap to power a wide array of content experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Own and drive the domestic and international metadata strategy needs for powering evolving viewing experience features
- Understand all aspects of the metadata model from program descriptions, content ratings, imagery, credits, languages, video specifications, genres, etc.
- Define metadata lexicon specifications to be used by various parts of the platform architecture
- Partner with editorial and content teams to understand and prioritize metadata needs that contribute to their success
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, operations and technology teams to design and deliver metadata platform capabilities
- Anticipate and identify emerging industry metadata trends and technologies that can be leveraged for compelling new user experiences
- Build a passion for metadata discipline within the product organization
- Translate complex problems into executable MVPs, communicate a plan and vision, and gain stakeholder consensus
- Perform competitive analyses, conduct market research, and synthesize customer insights and analytics to develop evidence-based points of view
- Help build a product culture at Peacock
What you have:
- Love for television, film, and sports entertainment
- Passion for creating innovative and engaging consumer products
- Compulsion for organization and detail
- Familiarity with industry metadata sources such as Gracenote, TiVo, Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb and more
- Empathy for the user and understanding of how to meet their needs and simplify their lives
- Vision to anticipate the ever-evolving consumption trends and an appreciation for TV/entertainment
- Communication skills to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Curiosity to seek the right solution and the persistence to iterate
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Enthusiasm to be positive, confident, energetic and display a willingness to learn
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field
• Minimum 3 years experience working in a Product Management (or similar) role
• Experience with metadata systems and hierarchical data organization
• Experience in technology or digital media preferably with consumer-facing products
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment preferred
• Experience with multiple entertainment platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Amazon, Roku) and domains (e.g. TV, Movies, Sports, News, Kids)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands