Senior Character Art Manager
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Manage the day to day operations of a team of highly skilled character artists
- Track and document progress on all Product reviews, Visual Development tasks and Production art tasks
- Manage licensees, manufacturers, and creative service, vendors, and agencies.
- Collaborate with the Design managers and various Business managers.
- Mentor and train junior artists in their growth and best practices
- Meet the Supervising Director‘s aesthetic requirements on final designs.
- Broad knowledge and ability to execute various illustrative styles from photorealism to highly stylized
- Review and provide feedback on a variety of “character based” product ranging from food items, to toys, to publications to interactive games.
- Oversee and maintain art naming conventions and organization within projects
• Minimum of 7 years experience working as a character designer and as a project owner/lead
• Expert level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas in formal and informal settings
• Have a broad understanding of character design and development
• Clear and diverse visual development skillset
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Highly detail-oriented
• Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required
• Strong artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy and lighting.
• Familiarity with the Animation process and Storytelling as a medium
• Strong sense of initiative and motivated self-starter
• Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust among team members and peers
• Receive and give feedback in a motivated and invested way focused on what is best for the product
• Friendly, people oriented, team player
• Sense of humor, passion for your work, and a desire to grow yourself and those around you
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands