Associate Producer, CNBC Make It
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The ideal team member is a self-starter who is comfortable researching and pitching stories on his/her own and can also work within a team setting depending on project demands. At CNBC Make It – we aim to make people smarter about personal finance, careers, leadership and entrepreneurship, so candidates with a passion to learn about the business world around them and explain it to others will be successful in this role.
The Associate Producer will work with a team of highly motivated video producers, artists and digital reporters/writers to develop and tell unique stories. This role will provide opportunities for quick turn, studio and field work. Every voice on the team counts, so if you are willing to ask questions, give thoughtful feedback and strive for greatness – you will be a wonderful fit!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
What we’ll offer:
Works more than 1,000 hours per measurement period:
Eligible for 401K after 1,000 hours worked in 12 consecutive months
Eligible for Health and Welfare benefits on 1st day of employment
Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Program after 90 days of employment
At our 1221 Avenue of the Americas office in New York City, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
- One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there‘s never a dull moment at NBCU.
- Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
- Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
- Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
- Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “Saturday Night Live.” Which means you never know who you may run into!
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- Four-year college degree (or comparable professional experience) with course work/major emphasis on digital media, communications, journalism or business journalism
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Broadcast script and AP style writing experience
- Experience editing/producing content for social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Strong analytical ability
- Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
- Intermediate level experience with all aspects of digital video production, including producing, shooting and editing
- Intermediate level experience producing/editing on Adobe Creative Suite, shooting with DSLRs and Cinema cameras
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of your work *please provide links when applying*
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.