Reporter, Future of Transportation, CNBC.com
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The position can be based out of CNBC New Jersey Headquarters or San Francisco and could involve travel for stories.
What you’ll do:
- Help make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of EV news.
- Work with other auto reporters to break news on new products, investments and developments on the beat.
- Write smart, next-minute and longer-term analyses about the people and companies on your beat.
- Pitch and write features focusing on great human stories in the industry.
- Chip in on fast-breaking news about the people and companies on your beat.
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years of experience in business or automotive reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, report and write stories that matter to a diverse national audience.
- Ability to work for multiple platforms, including audio, digital and social audiences.
- Ability to work quickly under deadline pressure.
You’ll stand out if:
- You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
- You possess knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
- You’re a self-starter with sources inside the auto industry.
- You have a willingness to learn and explain how new EV technology works and allows automobiles to burn less fuel.
- You understand the business and political issues and landscape related to climate change and carbon reduction.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands