Manager, Audience Engagement, NBC News Digital
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We are NBC News Digital. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry do-ers who crave the chance to build new products at the center of content and tech. We seek creative-problem solvers and strong leaders who value the potential to join the country’s leading news brands.
News junkies come aboard… and thoughtful, curious, energetic team players too. Come for the politics and breaking news, stay for TODAY’s top recipes and shopping tips.
NBC News Group is looking for an audience and product expert to join the Growth and Operations team as a Manager, Audience Engagement. This position is responsible for building the experiences and tactics to create deeper connections with our users across all products.
The candidate will work across product, analytics, editorial and audience development to understand what features and content are delighting audiences, then deploy tactics to move users down the funnel from broad scale to loyal and engaged brand fans.
The ideal candidate is an audience “scientist” – curious thinker, tester and learner, passionate about consumer products and driving growth.
- Create, implement, and iterate engagement strategies via product features, calls to action, and content
- Collaborate with analytics and marketing to build cohort and loyalty models and translate findings into tactics
- Partner with the consumer insights team to regularly integrate feedback into strategy, product development, and communication
- Analyze products, features, and tactics across the marketplace to help identify table stakes and areas of opportunity
- Help to devise a content ecosystem across our products – from text, video, streaming, podcasts, and more – to drive consumers across platforms and create immersive storytelling experiences
- Work with data engineering to use and analyze logged in user data to grow the number of logins and maximize value to both the consumer and the company
- Report on results by product and tactic to inform stakeholders and determine go-forward strategies
• A minimum of 4 or more years’ experience in digital media
• Demonstrated track record of success in building digital
products and/or audience engagement
• Strategic thinker, problem solver, and communicator who
is focused on building meaningful relationships with
• Able to work with data to identify and measure audience
cohorts and consumer funnels
• Cross-disciplinary expert capable of holding discussions
with editorial, product, operations and marketing
• Passionate about products and experiences with a scope
from creative to business, all while thinking consumer –
• Skilled communicator and adept collaborator
• Ability to work independently, coordinate multiple
priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented
• Experience with CRM and/or consumer marketing is a
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.