Freelance Production Assistant
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut
Create the extraordinary.
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting production personnel in all phases of sports production for weekly NBC Sports properties, including, but not limited to, Premier League.
- Graphics and / or Tape Highlight Production Assistant for Live studio production in Stamford
- Handle some aspects of editing of sports production including with an editor, but not limited to, highlight packages, bumpers and teases, as well as shot selection and properly securing footage to be used in such segments
- Assist in daily highlight operation (screening, logging, writing and edit guidance)
- Newsfeed and social media show-related monitoring
- Securing video and audio footage to be used in highlight packages and features
- Learn NBC Sports digital archive system
- Perform required sports research
- Generate and distribute story and show ideas for all shows and platforms
- Participation in all show production meetings
- Support all phases of production for assigned shows
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 1-2 years minimum of professional production experience
- Thorough knowledge of ALL Sports
- Possess a high level of sports knowledge
- Possess a high level of initiative
- Must be a team player
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Ability to get to Stamford during off hours when public transportation is not available
- Must be able to work weekends and early morning hours
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong knowledge and interest in sports television production
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands