NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Director/Operator position is a project-based role for prospective partnerships between SNY and outside clients. These partnerships will create very short digital segments throughout the day. The successful applicant will be responsible for the entire breadth of operational elements for these segments. Using Ross Overdrive automation, you will be responsible for directing, while also performing each of the crew functions. These would include coding audio for automation, studio set-up, lighting, camera operation and shading, & preparing mics. This applicant must always exhibit professionalism, a strong work ethic, and a ‘can do’ positive attitude. This is a full-time, project-based position that is expected to last at least one year.
Using Ross Overdrive automation, the Director/Operator will code the rundown, operate the automation, and call the show.
Must be able to target, operate and shade robotic cameras, initiate lighting cues at various positions across different sets. Set-up, test and implement wireless/wired mics and IFBs.
This position will also likely be utilized for SNY’s linear studio programming providing back-up coding, countdowns, and other assistance to the primary Director during live shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Ross Overdrive or other automation systems is a significant plus.
- Ability to prioritize instantly, plan for contingencies, & manage all elements of a production.
- Prior experience with Robotic cameras, broadcast audio consoles, lighting systems, RF mics/IFBs and Viz RT graphics strongly desired.
- Candidates should have experience working in a state-of-the-art, fast paced, live control room environment.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure environment.
- Thorough knowledge of studio and control room operations.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required.
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others.
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including late nights, weekends and holidays.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UConn Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York’s leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area’s professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately seven million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.