The Video Content Coordinator will play a major role regarding coordination between SNY’s Content production and Digital departments (Editorial, Video, & Social), while keeping a close eye on the website, video content, and social platforms. The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented, has some experience in back-end development settings, and can showcase a proven track record of cross-team collaboration and execution in Digital news environments. Journalism and/or website infrastructure experience preferred. This is a full-time, project-based position that is expected to last at least one year.
Manages all video content deliveries, metadata, images on all SNY Digital Platforms (sny.tv, SNY app, YouTube, Yahoo Sports and others), to ensure best practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Tracks and processes daily ingestion and encoding of all incoming video content into our video platforms.
- Performs QA of all video deliveries, selects and crops still images to be used as thumbnails.
- Uploads stills into online CMS and shares video ID with content team for publishing online.
- Updates all metadata and custom fields before and after video content is published to reflect final titles, descriptions and programming types.
- Creates and manages program objects allowing content to feed into our various platforms and to syndication partners.
- Schedules live and end dates for short form video content.
- Communicates details about new videos, content issues, and publishing information with internal teams.
- Supports internal teams with any requests for player and preview links as well embed codes.
- Audits video content to make sure metadata is correct and up to date.
- Publishes video content on all SNY Digital platforms
- Curates content for placement on SNY.tv, App and YouTube.
- Coordinates with Editorial and Video Directors on placement and timing for publishing of assets on platforms.
- Coordinates and communicates with internal and partner stakeholders
- Supports procurement of scheduling, assets and metadata for all OTT, TVE, VOD, SVOD, EST and all other non-linear platforms.
- Coordinates all workflow processes and implementations for distribution executions.
- Coordinates and optimizes metadata and asset deliveries between internal teams for all platforms.
- Audits video content on partner platforms to make sure it’s live and updates docs accordingly.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field or equivalent work experience required
- 2 years working in a digital content space
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Great understanding of user experience and platform management principles
- Demonstrated mastery of content management systems
- Strong knowledge of New York teams and general sports, in addition to SNY’s competitive landscape is required
- Knowledge of HTML is required
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, comScore and other analytic tools used to evaluate digital content strongly preferred
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.