AVOD Content Operations Specialist, Fandango
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The ideal candidate will have at least three years working in a content operations environment on a streaming platform, preferably within an e-commerce or start-up. An enthusiasm for film and TV, along with an openness to adapt and learn new processes, is preferred. This role allows the candidate to communicate with existing and new partners, process and publish films and TV shows across the site, and work with various teams both internal and external as needed. We are looking for a candidate who is organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
At VUDU Fandango, we are a group of smart, innovative, fun-loving people with a common goal of perfecting the entertainment experience. A few years ago, we moved our acquisition initiatives in-house. Thus, we are looking forward to growing our team. From innovating site navigation to writing code to coming up with new lunch recommendations, all ideas (big and small) come from the people on our team. We offer a positive community who will help you grow, learn and be the best coordinator you can be.
- Manage and oversee all operational objectives for VUDU AVOD content & advert ingestion
- Present weekly key performance indicators to stakeholders
- Oversee movie/tv asset delivery from external studio partners
- Act as day-to-day content operations contact for AVOD studios
- Schedule encoding and assign launch dates for AVOD content, generate and send out content launch schedule to stakeholders
- Ensure that schedule changes are communicated to stakeholders
- Enter and quality check metadata for AVOD content
- Accurately enter and manage AVOD content start and stop dates
- Engage with engineering teams for current issues and testing new projects/workflows
- Track all AVOD studio contract terms and compute into executable logic in backend database
- Mark ad breaks/midroll points in all new AVOD content
- Check newly added content has launched on-time and is visible on platform
- Review and verify outgoing AVOD reporting to external studio partners for accuracy
- Record ads that have come in through the ingestion pipeline
- Publish all new ads
- Mark any failed ads and generate a weekly ad ingestion report
• A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of content operations experience with a streaming platform.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
• Experience managing and building out various workflows/processes with other teams
• Superior verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organization
• Ability to produce high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Organized approach to workflow and recordkeeping
• Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality
• Experience planning and executing against predetermined goals and hitting said goals
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, including engineering, site operations, sales, and advert operations preferred.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.