Email Marketing & Operations Specialist (6-months contract)
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Work from USA
Create the extraordinary.
NBC News Digital is seeking an email marketing and operations specialist to support a new growth initiative for
our newsletter portfolio (including NBC News, MSNBC, TODAY and CNBC). This role will work with our
Audience Development and Engagement team to manage daily operations, including list cleanup, A/B testing,
and user journey maintenance. The role will work in tandem with a dedicated design resource and our growth
strategists to bolster our newsletter audience through new acquisition campaigns and retention sequences.
● Perform day-to-day operational email marketing activities including: building templates, writing subject
lines, requesting creative, scheduling sends, A/B testing, QA, and deploying one-time and automated
● Maintain list hygiene and optimize user lifecycles encompassing signup and onboarding, engagement
and re-engagement, and opt-out
● Monitor list growth, attrition and deliverability and report on trends as needed, surfacing actionable
● Maintain close working relationship with editorial and product teams
● Collaborate on acquisition tactics with the Audience Development team to increase subscribers per
● 2+ years in an email or newsletter product or growth function
● Experience working within ESPs like Sailthru, Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp
● Knowledge of industry best practices in content strategy and production
● Comfort pulling data across multiple platforms and using those ﬁndings to inform strategy and testing
● Collaborative-mindset to work as part of multiple cross-functional teams
● Journalistic newsroom experience and voracious news appetite are a major plus!
● Design proficiency and use of HTML/CSS/code implementation are also a major plus!
● Experience with data analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Sailthru, DOMO
● Strong communication and presentation skills
This is a temporary position in which you would be employed by Yoh Managed Staffing but assigned to
NBCUniversal for the duration of your employment.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.