Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
This role will also be responsible for managing the Direct-to-Consumer group’s investments in digital media companies, including Buzzfeed and Vox, and for negotiating and drafting agreements for the exploitation of audio and short-form video programming from across the company’s portfolio on various digital and emerging platforms, as well as handling other matters at the direction of the group’s General Counsel.
The candidate will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Independently draft, negotiate and interpret a wide range of contracts and other legal documents, including software and technology licenses used in connection with Peacock’s technology stack, and manage a team of lawyers handling similar matters.
- Work collaboratively with distribution executives and lawyers within and outside of the business unit to support the distribution of the Peacock app on MVPD and vMVPD platforms, connected TVs and mobile devices, and provide guidance to the Peacock Product and Technology teams regarding the development and operation of the service in compliance with those arrangements.
- Provide primary support for commercial arrangements involving the marketing and distribution of Peacock via non-traditional means, including arrangements to bundle Peacock with third party products and services and to carry third party products and services within Peacock.
- Help oversee the expansion of Peacock outside of the U.S. by working closely with international colleagues to provide advice on deal structures and transactional deal support for various types of commercial arrangements with third parties, including joint ventures with local partners.
- Coordinate with the NBCUniversal Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure that personal data and confidential information is collected, used and secured in accordance with the law and company policy.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the legal and regulatory framework impacting digital media, including data privacy, e‑commerce and other consumer protection laws.
- Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues associated with the development and operation of a streaming platform generally, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• 15+ years of legal experience in a transactional role at a law firm or in-house legal department of a major media or technology company, with deep knowledge of technology transactions and content or platform distribution. In-house experience in the entertainment / media industry preferred.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• Member of the New York State Bar, or willingness and qualification to be Registered in-house Counsel.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online through nbcunicareers.com in order to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Expertise handling transactions involving technology licensing and content or platform distribution, with superior drafting, negotiating, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to successfully influence, build consensus, and communicate at all levels within and across business units in a heavily matrixed environment.
• Successful track record of leading and managing a diverse group of attorneys and other legal professionals.
• Well-rounded, client-friendly practitioner skilled at making sound decisions, advising on risk and explaining complex legal issues in a straightforward manner.
• Leader with a strong work ethic and proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as part of a team; ability to self-motivate and to motivate and inspire a team.
• Highly detail-oriented and organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Audience Retention Coordinator, Regional Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations