Freelance Associate Content Producer
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Freelance Associate Content Producer will be part of SNY’s growing content development team. Primarily responsible for the production of project-specific content, the Associate Content Producer will also develop skills necessary to produce engaging content and execute breaking news coverage. This person will be working with an outside vendor and will occasionally produce both digital and linear content. This project-based position is expected to last at least one year.
- Oversee and handle all aspects of producing digital video segments, including, but not limited to, highlight packages, sound, features, two-way interviews and more
- Brainstorm, draft and pitch content ideas
- Work closely with an external production partner, which includes talent
- Function quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines
- Handle the high-stress, live situations (in and out of the control room) in a positive and constructive manner with peers, management, and across teams
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a digital/sports newsroom environment
- Thorough knowledge of sports, both locally and nationally
- Familiarity with iNews, Cloud UX and Slack
- Experience with editing platforms including Avid and Premiere
- Positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks a must
- Solid editorial judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Candidates must be able and willing to take direction well
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast-paced environment
- Priority will be given to candidates who have a flexible schedule and can offer stable availability
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.